We find ourselves in difficult times. The coronavirus has drastically changed our day-to-day life. Less than two weeks after opening our café at Eigerplatz, we've already had to (temporarily) close it again. Reason enough, to throw everything we've got into our online store to cover part of the costs we have. We've taken the following measures in regards to the coronavirus:
- Online store open: The online store is still open to provide you with coffee. Every order, small or big, helps us!
- Vouchers available: We've started selling vouchers in our online store. They're valid online as well as in the café (once it'll be open again). By buying vouchers, you're paying today for the products or services you'll be getting later and help us to earn some money now that we need it.
- Orders shipped daily: For coffee and most other articles, we usually guarantee an availability of 3-5 business days and we roast 1-2x per week. We know you can/should hardly leave the house anymore and have adapted our shipping times accordingly so you won't have to wait for your coffee. We now roast multiple days a week and ship your orders daily – within and around the city by bicycle messenger whenever possible.
- More articles: Many people don't have the necessary equipment to brew good coffee at home and usually enjoy their coffee at a café instead. Since this is currently not possible, we've added more equipment to our online store in order to have the right equipment for each and every one of you to brew delicious coffee at home.
- Delayed international shipping: Due to restrictions on international shipping, orders from outside of Switzerland may take (in some cases significantly) longer to arrive. We can still ship to a lot of countries with reasonable shipping times, though export to or import into some countries is currently not possible. We will deliver your order as fast as possible.
While we're currently able to deliver coffee and most other articles in our online store faster than usual, shipping times for products that are out of stock tend to be longer than usual, as many manufacturers can't deliver on time resp. some currently can't deliver at all.
We wish you all the best and the necessary perseverance – stay safe and at home!
The beans for each of our coffees originate from one single farm or co-operative where they were grown, dried and washed. We do not mix them with beans of other origins – we do not do blends. Instead, we only buy coffees that convince by themselves, without having to hide their flavours by mixing with other coffees.
Our coffees are roasted lighter than traditionally or commercially roasted coffee. With a lighter roast, the unique flavours of a specific coffee are accentuated, which vary by region, variety and many other factors. If coffee is roasted too dark, it loses this specific aroma profile and mostly just tastes of roasting flavours.
Roasted in Bern
Since mid-2018 our roastery’s home is the city’s Northern part. Here we have spent uncountable hours roasting many different coffees to find the right ones and make them taste as delicious as possible. The coffees available in our online shop and café have been chosen carefully after many tests thorough evaluation.
Fair & Sustainable
For us, fair trade and sustainable business and production practices go without saying. We don’t rely on labels, but instead prefer to invest in long-term relationships with real people and in as-direct-as-possible supply chains without unnecessary detours. The prices we pay for coffee are always higher than the Fairtrade price for coffee.
At the Drip Roasters Café located right at Eigerplatz in Bern (Belpstrasse 69) you will find freshly roasted specialty coffee, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, something to snack and a cozy place to relax. Depending on your preferences, we prepare your coffee as hand drip or with our La Marzocco Linea Mini espresso machine. Besides cow milk we also have oat and soy milk as alternatives. Even something small to eat is not missing. Whether with friends, for work with your laptop or just for a coffee after lunch, we are looking forward to your visit!
Since 2018 we are roasting selected coffee beans on our Arc Roaster. The coffees are available in our online shop as well as in some stores, restaurants and cafés. The roastery is located in the Northern part of Bern. Here, we have been experimenting, tasting, optimizing and producing our coffees since the beginning. Only the coffees that reach our requirements for taste and quality find their ways into the bag or cup. Even though we like our little roastery in Breitenrain, we are already looking for a larger space due to increased demand.